About Dr. Ian Yip
Dr. Yip is specialized in the treatment of various causes of obesity - from hormonal imbalances, e.g. under-active hypothyroid, and menopausal changes to genetic factors and sedentary lifestyles.
Dr. Yip has conducted multiple clinical research studies in the area of obesity and has published numerous articles in scientific journals. He is currently an Associate Clinical Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Yip is the leading expert and frequent lecturer to physicians in the Greater Los Angeles in Clinical Nutrition and Obesity.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- American Board of Nutrition: Specialist in Clinical Nutrition
- American Board of Physicians: Nutritional Specialists
:: Curriculum Vitae
Clinical Research Studies
- Overweight and Obesity
Ian Yip, M.D.
© February 2001
- Weight Control in Type II Diabetes
Ian Yip M.D., et al.
Obesity Research 9:S341-S347 (2001)
- Insulin-Leptin-Visceral Fat Relation during Weight Loss
I Yip, VL Go, JM Hershman, HJ Wang, R Elashoff, S DeShields, Y Liu, D Heber
© August 2001
- The Role of Complementary Medicine in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
© June 2001